Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summer Sleepovers...

This is one of those nights when we spur of the moment BBQ'd for dinner and had Grandpa John join us, plus a few extra kids. Rob whipped up Chicken, Hamburgers, and Sausage so we would have some leftovers for lunches.  It was all good... and I had lots of dirty dishes to prove the enjoyment of the meal. 

Miranda got off combining early because this summer's weather has not been cooperating very well yet and not much is ready.  She invited her friends Sarah & Jane over and they watched a scary movie and a silly show called Wipe Out.  It was nice for her to have time to hang out and relax with friends. 

Alexa has been babysitting for Alli's younger sisters Jade & Mason this week so after she got off work she invited Marley & Abby over.  They enjoyed shooting hoops, then decided to get dressed up to take some pictures in the wheat field... kids never get tired of taking pictures.  After that they hung out and watched the same scary movie the older girls had.  It must have been pretty scary because I heard lots of screams from downstairs.  They are trying to get organized for Wyld Life camp on Saturday, as there is some special dress up days on the schedule... it sounds like fun!



Connor has been enjoying spending time with his friends Nick & Kyle.  The boys Grandma has been ill so they have been entertaining each other and keeping Grandpa company while Kelly runs to the doctor appointments with Grandma.  The last couple of days have been there, and then they come over here to spend the night.  Well tonight I built a fire in the fire pit and we made lots of smore's and ate lots of marshmellows.  The boys are planning to play at our house tomorrow for a change of scenery.... I need to research some more fun receipes to try on the end of a stick just to keep things interesting.... any suggestions?

Rob & I enjoyed a little quiet time by the fire too... I have to say that I'm really glad we put that in.  With the water feature making relaxing sounds and the quiet of just sitting by the fire... no TV, no phone... its really quite relaxing.  And it is very safe, if not 100% out when ready to go to bed because there is nothing burnable close with the concrete patio and rock wall.  I can even lay in bed and watch it too if i need to supervise it from a distance.  Roger did an awesome job and I am really looking forward to many years of use to come.

1 comment:

  1. Your fire pit is so nice and peaceful looking! Summer sleepovers are the best......wonder why my kids like summer sleepovers - at every one else's house but their own? :)

    ReplyDelete