Thursday, June 17, 2010

New Beginings in Scrapbooking

My good friend Erica has been trying to get me to blog for over a year... and i have resisted not wanting to add one more thing to my schedule. However i am excited to share that Alexa and i will be leaving in a week for a whirlwind trip to Virginia, Washington DC and New York with a group of parents and kids from the Silverton, Mt. Angel Area June 25th-July 2nd. Rob went on the same trip with Miranda 4 years ago and we still don't have the pictures scrapbooked.... along with many other events in my families life. .

So... I just got a new phone that should allow me to post our trip adventures on the go so I'm going to give this new technology a try. The nice part is that if i am successful at this friends and family will get to follow along with our trip... and i can "slurp" this blog into a printed book at anytime and maybe this will help me keep up. Its all free at this point so i have nothing to loose by trying. I'm also hopeful that since my family is on the Internet often as well that they will help make this a joint project.... all i can do is ask :)

All I know is that at the rate I'm going (or not with scrapbooking currently) I need to make a change to get a different result by the time I'm gone. My goal is to leave my family some organized history like my mother-in-law (Grandma Shirley) left for my kids.... or a least had an amazing start on.

Thanks for joining us on this adventure called Life :)

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging!! You will be so happy and delighted at how easy blogging is - I am glad you are going to give this a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You set the bar pretty high... hope i can keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogging Mindy! I got Erica into it and now she blogs more than I do!!

    ReplyDelete